Today, Dr. Gun has some good advice on breast augmentation diet for faster recovery. This will help patients who are considering breast augmentation to choose the right foods to eat after surgery. These foods can help reduce swelling, speed up wound healing, and prevent breast infections. Dr. Gun also shares some foods to avoid after breast augmentation, as these can cause inflammation and slow down healing.
Breast augmentation diet for faster recovery
During the first 7 days after surgery
Patients should eat bland, easy-to-digest foods, such as porridge, rice gruel, steamed oatmeal, and stewed or steamed dishes. They should avoid spicy, salty, or sweet foods, as well as foods that require a lot of chewing. Patients should also drink plenty of fluids, at least 8 glasses or 2 liters per day.
During the 1-month recovery period
During the recovery period, patients should eat nutritious foods that focus on protein from lean meats, such as beef, chicken, and fish. This will help cells regenerate quickly and promote wound healing. Patients should also avoid high-fat foods or foods with unhealthy fats. Instead, they should focus on healthy fats, such as avocado, olive oil, rice bran oil, peanut oil, soybean oil, and sesame oil.
Snacks should be low in sodium to help reduce swelling. Nuts, such as almonds, cashews, and unsalted peanuts, are a good choice.
Fruits and vegetables are essential for a healthy recovery after breast augmentation surgery.
- Fruits : Fruits are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can help support the healing process. Focus on eating fruits that are high in fiber, such as berries, citrus fruits, leafy greens, and cruciferous vegetables. You should also aim to get at least 200 milligrams of vitamin C per day, which can help boost the immune system and reduce inflammation. Good sources of vitamin C include oranges, grapefruits, kiwis, strawberries, broccoli, and bell peppers.
- Vegetables : Vegetables are also a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Focus on eating non-starchy vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, celery, cucumbers, green beans, and peppers. You should also aim to get at least 400 grams of vegetables per day.
- Water : Drinking plenty of water is also important for a healthy recovery. Water helps flush out toxins and excess fluids from the body, which can help reduce swelling and inflammation. You should aim to drink at least 8 glasses or 2 liters of water per day.
Foods to avoid after surgery
- Eggs : Eggs are generally safe to eat after surgery, but there are a few things to keep in mind. First, people with allergies should avoid eggs. Second, eggs that are not properly cooked can be contaminated with salmonella, which can cause food poisoning. If you choose to eat eggs, make sure they are cooked thoroughly.(Salmonella)
- Seafood : Raw or undercooked seafood is a risk for food poisoning, which can lead to inflammation. It is best to avoid seafood altogether during the recovery period.
- Pickled foods : Pickled foods, such as sauerkraut, kimchi, and pickles, are often made with unpasteurized vinegar, which can contain harmful bacteria. It is best to avoid these foods during the recovery period.
- Smoking and alcohol : Smoking and alcohol can slow down the healing process and increase the risk of infection. It is best to avoid these substances for at least 7-14 days after surgery.
- Salty foods : Salty foods can cause swelling. It is best to avoid these foods during the recovery period.
YKJ Medical Center (formerly Theerathorn Clinic) is located in Thailand. It was founded by Dr. Rattarut Barrameechaiphach (Dr. Gun), an international board-certified doctor with over 20 years of experience. The clinic specializes in a variety of procedures, including open rhinoplasty, double eyelid surgery, facelift, breast augmentation, filler injections, and more.
Over the years, Dr. Gun has been recognized for his expertise in open rhinoplasty by celebrities, socialites, and national business leaders. He has also received numerous awards, including:
- “𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐍𝐈𝐐𝐔𝐄 𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑” from HELLO! MAGAZINE for the most trusted open rhinoplasty clinic in Thailand
- “𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐘” from Sudsapda Magazine for the best open rhinoplasty clinic for two consecutive years (2022-2023)
Dr. Gun’s expertise and experience have led to him being invited to lecture and demonstrate live surgery at several national and international.
In addition to Dr. Gun, YKJ Medical Center also has a team of experienced doctors who have all undergone specialized training and have years of experience. You can be confident that when you come to YKJ Medical Center, you will receive the highest standard of care at a competitive price.