A large nose or a wide nose can make the overall face look disproportionate because the nose, which is considered to be the center of the face is too large. This can lead to a decrease in self-confidence. However, these problems can be solved with Nose Reduction Surgery. This surgery can be used to reduce the size of the nose structure, reduce the height of the nasal bridge to a level that fits the face, or adjust the structure of the tip of the nose that is too droopy or too long, to make it look beautiful and proportional.
So, what is nose reduction surgery? What kind of nose problems can it solve? This article from YKJ Medical Center has the answer.
Nose reduction surgery reviews at YKJ Medical Center
Interested in Nose Reduction Surgery?
What is nose reduction surgery?Nose reduction surgery is a surgery to correct the structure of the nose. The doctor will adjust the size of the nose to a size that is appropriate for the patient’s face, along with nose augmentation or rhinoplasty surgery to create a beautiful, smooth, and natural sloped nose shape, and to decorate the tip of the nose to make it look more uplifted at a more appropriate angle. Nose reduction surgery is suitable for people with large nose structure, high nose, wide nasal bridge and nose wings, people with a bulbous nose, wide nose wings, or people with a large nose due to the large size of the cartilage in the tip of the nose. In addition, the doctor can also use this technique to help solve the problem of a droopy tip of the nose, a long and pointed tip of the nose, and even a crooked nose.
What Problems Can It Solve?As mentioned above, nose reduction surgery can help solve a variety of nose problems. The main purpose is to reduce the size of the nose to a proportion that fits the patient’s face. There are various techniques, as follows:
1. Humpectomy / Hump ReductionThis technique is used to reduce the size of the nose in patients with a large hump. The nasal bridge is raised too high, making the middle of the nose look like a turtle shell. The nose is also crooked. When viewed from the side, it is easy to see that the nasal bridge is not smooth. In cases where the hump is large and high, it cannot be reduced in size by grinding because it will result in more swelling after surgery than usual. Therefore, the doctor needs to use the humpectomy technique to reduce the size of the hump, adjust the nasal bridge to be smooth and make the nose look smaller.
2. Nose OsteotomyThis technique is used to reduce the size of the nasal base to fit the patient’s face as much as possible by using the nose base compression technique. The procedure starts with an open rhinoplasty technique to open the nasal cavity. Then, the doctor uses a method to squeeze or break the nasal bone core to move away from the nasal base and then compress the nasal base to a level that is appropriate for the thickness of the bone and the patient’s original nasal structure. Nose osteotomy will help the nasal base look smaller and reduce the problem of a wide and large nasal bone base.
3. Nose Tip RefinementThis technique is used in conjunction with open rhinoplasty. After opening the nasal cavity, the doctor will decorate and adjust the size of the nose tip. The size of the cartilage in the tip of the nose is reduced and the tissue around the tip of the nose is trimmed in cases where the patient has too much tissue at the tip of the nose. In addition, the doctor may consider using other techniques as appropriate on a case-by-case basis, such as using the technique of stretching the nasal septum or interdome sutures. Nose tip refinement is suitable for patients with a large tip, a bulbous nose, or a wide nose. Read more : Nose Surgery or Rhinoplasty in Bangkok, Thailand
4. Reduce the Size of the Alar WingsThis technique is used to reduce the size of the alar wings. There are many different techniques to reduce the size of the alar wings, and the doctor will choose the appropriate technique for the patient’s nose shape. These techniques include cutting the alar wings at the outer base, cutting the alar wings both on the outer and inner sides of the nose, cutting the alar wings at the base of the nose, and cutting the alar wings with hidden incisions inside the nose to hide the surgical scars. However, there are some precautions to be taken when cutting the alar wings. Can learn more details in this video.
Where is the best place to get a nose reduction surgery? Why YKJ Medical Center?
YKJ Medical Center (formerly Theerathorn Clinic) is located in Thailand. It was founded by Dr. Rattarut Barrameechaiphach (Dr. Gun), an international board-certified doctor with over 20 years of experience. The clinic specializes in a variety of procedures, including open rhinoplasty, double eyelid surgery, facelift, breast augmentation, filler injections, and more.
Over the years, Dr. Gun has been recognized for his expertise in open rhinoplasty by celebrities, socialites, and national business leaders. He has also received numerous awards, including:
- “𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐍𝐈𝐐𝐔𝐄 𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑” from HELLO! MAGAZINE for the most trusted open rhinoplasty clinic in Thailand
- “𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐘” from Sudsapda Magazine for the best open rhinoplasty clinic for two consecutive years (2022-2023)
Dr. Gun’s expertise and experience have led to him being invited to lecture and demonstrate live surgery at several national and international.
In addition to Dr. Gun, YKJ Medical Center also has a team of experienced doctors who have all undergone specialized training and have years of experience. You can be confident that when you come to YKJ Medical Center, you will receive the highest standard of care at a competitive price.