Nowadays, “Chin surgery” is one of the most popular surgery on the face. It can be adjusted the face to the V shape and enhance physiognomy. It’s a way to improve and correct a disproportionate face to be beautiful and proportioned. The face may look slimmer and more sculpted. It is suitable for people who have a short chin, square chin, dented chin or crooked chin. If you want to know if it really helps you to have a beautiful face, you must this article.
How many types of Dr. Gun’s chin surgery?
Chin surgery is now very advanced. Without anesthesia, chin surgery can be performed. Anyone who wants to undergo chin surgery should find out the details first. In addition to choosing a reliable clinic and hospital, you should also choose a surgeon who has expertis. There are 2 types of chin surgery of Dr. Gun:
- S-Size silicone: It is suitable for chin surgery of patients with small face. and has a flat chin problem.
- Premium new sharpening silicone: It is suitable for chin surgery of patients who want to design the silicone according to their specific face shape for the most natural look.
Intraoral incision has the advantage of being slightly bruised and not visible on the outside, but you need to keep your mouth clean to avoid inflammation and infection.
Submental incision has the advantage of being easier to care more than an intraoral incision. because it is outside. But the disadvantage is that it may have scars under the chin.
Chin surgery is a minor surgery, using the same type of silicone used for nose rhinoplasty. Dr. Gun is popular to make an intraoral incision. But in some cases where outer wound have been made, the doctor will make submental incision instead.
Intraoral incision is an open incision in the mouth between the gums and the lower lip. The length of the wound is about 2 cm. It has the advantage of being slightly bruised and scarring on the outside, but you need to keep your mouth clean to avoid inflammation and infection. Most of the patients choose Inner chin surgery.
Who is suitable for chin surgery?
Not all people with short chin are able to have chin surgery with good results. People who are suitable for chin surgery also need to have a strong and cohesive structure of the teeth and jaws, as well as a good immune system. It is also to prevent inflammation or infection after the surgery. In addition to chin surgery, the surgeon may consider that the patient should correct the lower face shape by injecting fillers to achieve a clearer and more beautiful chin. Your doctor will advise you to choose the size of the silicone implant before surgery to suit your face shape. It also depends on the patient what kind they want. The size selection must take into account the composition of the face so that the chin is not too long.
Chin surgery procedures
- Step 1 : The doctor will advise you about the silicone used and examine the face contour to see the size of the chin and choose the position and size of the silicone that is suitable for each person’s face.
- Step 2 : After examining the face contour, the doctor will sharpen the silicone to the appropriate size to match the face shape.
- Step 3: Before surgery, the doctor will clean the patient’s face and inside the mouth.
- Step 4 : After cleaning is done, the doctor will draw a line on face to define the exact location before surgery.
- Step 5 : After the location is determined, the doctor will inject an anesthetic into the area of chin surgery.
- Step 6 : The doctor will open the incision, but it depends on whether it is chin surgery from inside or outside the mouth.
- Step 7 : Once the wound is opened, the doctor will insert the prepared size silicone in the designated position.
- Step 8 : In the last step, the doctor will sew the wound. (If using dissolving silk, it will dissolve on its own within 10 days.)
Self-care after chin surgery
- At first, focus on easy-to-digest food.
- Sleep with a pillow with your head elevated to reduce the blood frenzy that will cause swelling.
- Do not remove the chin splint prematurely.
- Do not press the chin because it will distort the silicone.
- Take your medication as prescribed by your doctor. If any abnormal symptoms occur, we recommend that you should consult the doctors.
Limitations of chin surgery
- For a patient with a very short chin, do not use silicone implants. You should have a chin shift instead, especially for patients with occlusal problems.
- For patients with unequal distorted chin from the chin skeleton, it can be easily distorted after surgery with silicone. In this case, the doctor must first diagnose the underlying disease and determine the cause before surgery.
- For patients who have chin injected by liquid or other substances, the shape of the chin is quite difficult to control due to the residues inside the skin.
- For anyone interested in chin surgery to make the face look more dimensional, remember to search various sources to compare the pros and cons of chin surgery. Most importantly, choosing and consulting with a reliable and skilled surgeon.