A Facelift or Rhytidectomy is the surgery that can lift and tighten all parts of the face, the upper, middle, lower, and neck areas. It can make your face look smooth and firm, with a sharper and more proportionate appearance than before. Over time, it can reduce deep wrinkles and sagging, make you feel young like never before.
Miss Neng Kulthida Yenprasert the first Miss Thailand Universe of Thailand performed Scarless Facelift with Dr. Gun.
Mr. Angelo (Age 58) had undergone a facelift in USA, but he still had a problem with sagging. This time, he see Dr. Ake at YKJ Medical Center for a full facelift using the Deep Plane Facelift technique. After 1 month, Mr. Angelo is very satisfied with the results. The surgical wound is almost invisible, because of the “Scarless Facelift” technique used at YKJ Medical Center.
Miss Jub (Age 49) , Thai wife of Mr. Angelo, was so impressed with the results of her husband’s Deep Plane Facelift at YKJ Medical Center that she decided to fly in for the procedure herself. Miss Jub underwent a full facelift, and after just 11 days, she had minimal swelling and looked noticeably younger.
Miss Kratai (Age 60) , She wanted to look younger like a teenager. Ms. Kratai had problems with sagging skin, droopy eyebrows, deep nasolabial folds, double chin, and loose neck. These problems were caused by aging. After one month, Ms. Kratai was impressed with her new look. Her face was slimmer and younger, and her wrinkled skin was tightened and firm. Her double chin and saggy cheeks were gone.
Miss Nong (Age 66) had a deep plane facelift with Dr. Ake after 14 days. her face had less swelling and was greatly lifted. She looks younger than her age.
Miss Noi (age 59) undergone a full facelift with Dr. Ake. The wrinkles on her face decrease and she look younger than her age.
No need to worry about scars. With “Scarless Facelift” suturing techniques, the scars will be smooth and beautiful, and they will heal quickly.
➤ The results of deep plane facelift can last longer than traditional facelifts.
➤ It is less likely to cause complications such as facial asymmetry or numbness.
At YKJ Medical Center, Dr. Rattarut Barrameechaiphach (Dr. Gun) and his medical team specialize in various facial procedures, such as rhinoplasty, nose reconstruction, double eyelid surgery, fillers, and more. Dr. Gun has been recognized by the media and trusted by many celebrities with over 20 years of experience.
YKJ Medical Center has been trusted by many media
- What is facelift surgery?
- Who should have facelift surgery?
- Scarless facelift at YKJ Medical Center
- What is the position of facelift surgery? What problem does each location solve?
- What are the differences between facelift, thread lifting, and laser lifting?
- Self-care after facelift surgery
- What are the reasons to choose YKJ Medical Center for facelift surgery?
- 6 FAQs about facelift surgery
Facelift is a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens the facial muscles to restore them to their proper position. It can also improve skin firmness, eliminate sagging, and reduce deep facial wrinkles, resulting in a more youthful appearance. The effects of the procedure can last for 5-10 years, helping you maintain a more youthful look.
As we age, our skin loses its firmness due to the reduction of collagen, elastin, and fibrous tissue. Among all skin lifting procedures, it can be said that facelift is the most effective and long-lasting one.
Facelift surgery is a skin lifting procedure that resolve the needs of individuals with sagging skin or related issues, including:
- Who has forehead wrinkles, wrinkles between the eyebrows, or deep forehead wrinkles.
- Who has droopy eyelids, eyebrows, or eye muscles, as well as those with Ocular Myasthenia Gravis that affects vision and makes everyday life difficult.
- Who has wrinkles around the eyes and crow’s feet.
- Who has sagging cheeks that make their faces look asymmetrical.
- Who has a double chin and round and round face.
- Who has sagging and wrinkles skin around the neck.
- Who has already undergone other skin lifting procedures such as thread lifting, Botox, Hifu laser, Thermage, or Ulthera but did not see the desired results or meet their needs.
YKJ Medical Center offer 2 types of facelift surgery:
- Facelift for specific part surgery, small-incision mini facelift, and full facelift. These techniques cover upper, middle, and lower facelift surgery, as well as neck lift surgery.
- Deep Plane Facelift is a more invasive type of facelift that targets the deeper tissues of the face, including the muscles and fat pads. This results in more dramatic and longer-lasting results than a traditional facelift, which focuses on the skin and superficial tissues.
- Endotine brow lift, a specially designed medical material that binds internal tissues to lift the eyebrows or forehead. This material is both harmless and biodegradable.
The Scarless Facelift is a unique and innovative suture technique that results in virtually invisible scars. It provides superior lifting results, a smoother and more beautiful wound, and faster healing. Additionally, the results are longer lasting.
Surgical procedure: The surgery will start with an incision to open the skin and then carefully remove the underlying tissue. The surgeon will gradually remove the skin layer by layer, starting from the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous layers, until reaching the upper muscle layer known as the SMAS (Superficial Musculo Aponeurotic System). This layer of skin plays an important role in lifting and firming the facial skin.
Next, the surgeon will suture the SMAS layer at various points. In certain areas such as the upper forehead, lower face, and neck, the surgeon may opt for the Endotine Technique, which involves placing specialized devices in the skin layer to enhance the tightness of this layer before trimming and tightening the upper layers of tissue. Finally, the surgeon will close the incision with small, precise stitches and use a concealed technique to minimize scarring, resulting in a barely noticeable scar.
The doctor will measure and design the facelift procedure based on the patient’s unique physiognomy and facial proportions. They will then make an incision from the inside of the hairline, around the ear, and extending to the area behind the ear.
The doctor will pull the skin and SMAS layer together from the center of the face, jawline, and neck, separating the SMAS layer from the muscle layer beneath the skin and holding it in place.
The surgeon will tighten the skin by trimming the underlying tissue and removing any excess sagging and wrinkled skin.
After tightening the skin and removing any excess tissue, the surgeon will suture the wound in a way that minimizes scarring. Any incisions made on the scalp are hidden by the hair, while the scar behind the ear is nearly invisible.
Surgical wound with Scarless Facelift technique.
Appearance of excess skin excised.
The medical team at YKJ Medical Center utilizes a unique technique for lifting the skin layer that involves manipulating multiple layers of tissue, as well as a distinct suturing technique that differs from traditional facelift methods. The benefits of our approach include:
More effective lifting and tightening of sagging facial skin and wrinkles compared to conventional facelift techniques.
Smoother, more aesthetically pleasing incisions that heal quickly, reducing the risk of scarring or keloids.
Longer-lasting results that are more visible and noticeable.
Our focus is on achieving optimal results while prioritizing patient safety and well-being.
Facelift surgery is a procedure that lifts and tightens facial skin, resulting in a firmer and smoother appearance. Depending on the patient’s needs, there are various positions to choose from, including mini facelift or full facelift. As the details below:
Upper Facelift / Temporal Lift: This procedure lifts the forehead, temples, and outer corners of the eyes. It’s suitable for those with forehead wrinkles, frown lines, droopy eyebrows, droopy eyelids, sad eyes, sleepy eyes, and weak eye muscles that interfere with vision.
Middle Facelift: This method corrects sagging in the middle area of the face, such as wrinkles under the eyes, tear troughs, wrinkles around the nasolabial folds, and sagging cheeks.
Lower Facelift: This surgery corrects sagging and wrinkles in the lower part of the face, such as the corners of the mouth, wrinkles around the mouth, lower cheeks, or double chin. Lifting the lower face will adjust the face shape to look slimmer and make the face frame look sharper and more defined.
Neck Lift: This surgical procedure lifts the skin around the neck to make it firmer and addresses wrinkled and sagging neck skin. It’s a way to keep the front frame sharper.
Endotine Brow Lifting: This surgical technique lifts the skin with a small incision and implants an endotine to lock the forehead higher, solving the problem of drooping or sagging eyebrows.
Eyebrow lifting with endotine
The appearance of the endotine
Endotine is a medical material produced from natural materials, either in the form of long lines or triangular pieces resembling pins. It helps distribute the bonding force and enhances the lifting effect of the skin, stimulating the production of new collagen in the skin layer for a natural, smooth, and firm appearance. After approximately 1-2 years, the endotine will completely decompose, but the lifting effect will be maintained for 5-10 years.
Results for lifting eyebrows with the Endotine.
Results from a facelift combined with an endotine eyebrow lift.
Full Facelift is a method that lifts all parts of the face to achieve the most visible anti-aging effect. The surgeon will use a combination of techniques depending on the patient’s specific concerns.
For example, if a patient has droopy eyebrows, a full rejuvenation effect may not be achieved. In such cases, the surgeon may consider combining a full facelift with an Endotine eyebrow lift. Similarly, for Neck Lift procedures, if a patient has excess fat or significant sagging in the neck area, the surgeon may perform liposuction first to achieve the best results and avoid further sagging.
Facelift surgery, thread lift, and laser skin lifting are all procedures aimed at lifting and firming the skin to achieve a more youthful appearance. However, each procedure differs in several ways, including:
Facelift surgery is a skin lifting method that requires surgery and general anesthesia, taking 2-4 hours. Thread lifting and laser skin lifting, on the other hand, do not require major surgery and only take 30-50 minutes with local anesthesia.
Facelift surgery has the longest recovery time, taking about 1-3 months until the wound is fully healed. Thread lifting takes about 4-7 days, while laser skin lifting has the shortest recovery time, around 2-3 days.
Facelift surgery and thread lifting produce immediate tightening results. Laser skin lifting procedures such as Hifu, Thermage, and Ulthera show immediate results of 20-30%, with more significant results appearing after 2-3 months.
Facelift is a semi-permanent skin lifting method. It will help lift the skin for the longest time, about 5-10 years. Thread lifting and lasers provide temporary results. Thread lift lasts about 4-12 months (depending on the type of thread). Laser skin tightening can last for 6-12 months.
Facelift surgery is generally more expensive, starting at 90,000 baht due to the major surgery involved. Laser skin lifting has different price levels depending on the number of shots used, with a starting price of thousands to tens of thousands. Thread lifting has a similar price range starting from thousands to tens of thousands, depending on the brand and type of thread used.
Read more: Thread Lifting Knowledge
To reduce the chance of swelling or inflammation of the surgical wound. Patients should follow these self-care instructions:
- Apply a cold compress for 2-3 days after the surgery by freezing a gel pack or wet towel and wrapping it in a clean towel continuously to reduce pain and swelling.
- Avoid getting the wound wet for at least 1 week to prevent inflammation and slow healing.
- Do not touch or scratch the wound to prevent infection and inflammation.
- Keep the head support with high pillows for at least 3-7 days after the surgery to reduce swelling.
- Clean the wound strictly according to the doctor’s advice and take prescribed medication continuously. Attend all follow-up appointments.
- Avoid coloring, straightening, or chemically treating the hair for at least 1 month after the surgery.
- Avoid foods that cause inflammation, swelling, redness, or allergies for at least 2 weeks after the surgery, such as pickled or semi-cooked foods, spicy foods, seafood, alcoholic beverages, and smoking.
- Choose soft foods that are easy to chew during the 1-2 weeks after surgery to prevent excessive movement of the facial contour and reduce pain while chewing.
- Avoid strenuous activities that cause severe stress to the head, face, and neck for at least 2 weeks after the surgery, such as strenuous exercise, running, or jumping.
“Effective and naturally beautiful facelift, YKJ Medical Center is the place to be”
at YKJ Medical Center, we prioritize the safety of our patients and guarantee natural and effective results for younger-looking face. We achieve this through:
- A professional medical teams with over 20 years of experience managing every step of the process.
- A sterile, clean, and standardized environment.
- The use of deep plane facelift with Scarless Facelift technique, which results in smaller scars and better lifting.
- Individualized treatment plans designed to provide the best results for each patient, reversing aging by more than 10 years with results lasting 5-10 years.
- The trust of celebrities, beauty queens, and business people, as well as many awards for our exceptional service.
The duration of the procedure varies depending on the area to be operated on. Full facelift takes about 3-4 hours to complete, while mini facelift takes less time, about 1-2 hours.
A Face Lift is a skin lifting procedure that produces semi-permanent results, lasting about 5-10 years. The longevity of the results depends on factors such as age, skin condition, and post-surgical skin care.
Facelift can be performed when the skin starts to sag, typically at around age 30. The doctor will assess the skin problem and choose the most suitable treatment method, such as upper facelift for people with noticeable forehead wrinkles or lower facelift for people with double chin.
After the surgery, swelling may occur at the incision site for 1-3 days. Over the next 3-4 weeks, the swelling will gradually decrease and disappear.
People with underlying diseases or those in certain groups, such as pregnant or breastfeeding women, those with coagulation or circulatory disorders, those using pacemakers, and patients with diabetes or cancer, should avoid facelift surgery. Those who have a history of allergy to anesthetics or general anesthesia should also avoid the procedure.
After facelift surgery, the wound should be dry and heal for 1-2 weeks before applying makeup. Scars from the surgery may also be present.