Answers to all questions about “thread lifting”.
What is thread lifting?
Thread lifting is where threads are threaded into sagging skin to pull and lift the skin. It can solve the problem of sagging facial skin, wrinkles around the cheeks, nasolabial folds, jaw or forehead. The point where the elevator is located is around the lower cheek to the ear. It can instantly lift sagging cheeks.
Table of Contents
What kind of skin problems are suitable for thread lifting?
Thread lifting can be done by both women and men. It is suitable for people between 20-70 years old with mild to severe signs of aging or who want to slim and tighten the face and must have a normal skin layer or fat layer that is not too thin.
A face with sagging cheeks and under the eyes.
A face with sagging and deep grooves around the cheeks.
Where can thread lifting be tightened?
Thread lifting Able to lift and tighten many points, such as sagging on the face, wrinkles around the cheeks, jaw and forehead. It can also tighten certain areas on the face that many people don’t know before, such as:
- Thread lifting for cheeks: It will fill the cheeks with bright, youthful look and also give the face more dimension and charm.
- Thread lifting for under the eyes: It is suitable for people under dark circles, deep grooves, allergies. It will help restore the skin under the eyes to be brighter.
- Thread lifting for the nose: It will make the nose rise without risky surgery and long-term care.
How many threads are there and which thread lifting is the best?
Threads are divided into two main groups: Non-melting threads and Melting threads Nowadays, non-melting threads (gold threads) are no longer popular due to their frequent problems. People prefer to use melting threads because they are safe and standard. The melting thread can be divided into three types as follows:
1. PDO (Polydioxanone)
This blue thread is the most popular. It is suitable for face lifting and tightening. It has high strength and self-dissolve in 6-8 months, but the lifting will last about 1-2 years.
This clear white thread is less popular due to its relatively soft texture. It often experiences breakage and perforation problems. It is suitable for threading on sensitive skin areas. It will dissolve completely within 12-18 months.
This opaque white thread is the largest. It has a rather soft texture like PLLA thread, it has a long lifespan and high flexibility. It will dissolve completely within 18-24 months.
Is thread lifting dangerous?
Most of the complications resulting from improper thread lifting and medical incompetence are mostly harmless and can be cured. It is as follows:
- Infections from non-sterilization processes are very rare due to the importance of safety.
- Inflammation of tissue due to thread lifting in the wrong layer of skin. It can cause tissue inflammation from normal.
- Faces are not equal because during thread lifting, the doctor does not let the patient look in the mirror to observe the face. It may cause the faces to be uneven.
- Thread perforation may be caused by a doctor’s thread lifting technique that is too shallow.
- Thread breaks or bounces caused by frequent facial expressions such as opening the mouth wide, laughing hard.
What is the difference between “face lifting” and how are they different?
There are many types of skin lifting procedures. Ulthera, Thermage, HIFU and thread lifting. Many people may be confused and wondering what is the difference, we have summarized the table below.
What is it?
This skin tightening technology uses Radio Frequency or RF. The heat will go deep into the skin layer until the fat layer and Collagen.
HIFU or High Intensity Focus Ultrasound is the use of high intensity ultrasound waves. It's similar to sutures where the meat stimulates the production of new collagen under the skin.
It is a procedure where threads are inserted into the subcutaneous layer. It will cause the tissue to create new blood vessels and new collagen fibers around the thread. This will result in a firmer face.
Helps tighten skin and reduce wrinkles.
The energy is distributed over a wide area.
People with wattle or fat on their face can do this too.
It is the use of ultrasound waves that reach the skin at the deepest layer of the SMAS layer. The sagging skin is tightened and this can be done more often.
Solve the problem of wrinkles around the cheeks, jaw and forehead. It didn't take long to see results immediately after finishing. It does not require recovery and stimulates the body to produce collagen as well.
See results after the treatment 15-20% and there is swelling, redness or burnt skin.
See results after doing 15-20% Some people may experience facial pain or skin redness.
There are some needle marks around the thread lifting area and will be healed within 2 weeks.
The face has a lot of flesh on the cheeks.
Too much flesh along the edge of the jaw
There are grooves or wrinkles in the early stages.
- Facial skin has wrinkles and deep grooves.
- Between the ages of 35-60 years
- Slightly thick cheeks.
- There are wrinkles, moderate league grooves.
- Age between 20-70 years
- There is a slight sagging problem - severe and a little fat on the face.
Lasts for 6-8 months.
Lasts for 5-6 months.
Lasts for 1-2 years.
Finding information and preparing before thread lifting.
- 1. Choosing a Clinic: You need to find a variety of information that allows you to consider the results of each clinic’s treatment and reshaping. That is a review from a real patient, whether it’s a photo or a video. The most reliable might be a video because it can’t be edited like a photo.
- 2. Doctors: It takes expertise and experience in thread lifting for the best results for the patient. It will be able to reduce bruising, giving clear and natural results. You should primarily look at case reviews from reputable sources, physician experience and clinical credibility to avoid problems after thread lifting.
In addition to the above 2 prerequisites, there are some general guidelines for patients to get the best results:
- Consultation: You should ask or consult a doctor first because if the patient has acne or wounds, the date of operation may be postponed.
- Vitamins or pills: If the patient is taking vitamins that cause easy bleeding or bruises, the drug may need to be discontinued first as it can help prevent bruising on the skin.
Practices after thread lifting
- 1. Refrain from massaging the face for the first 4 weeks and refrain from strenuous activities and wide mouths as this can strain the face and move the threads. It will affect its effectiveness.
- 2. Apply cold compress for 2 days and take painkillers or antiseptic for 3 days to prevent infection as well.